Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Little Bumps on arms and legs??

Ok, i have these little bumps on the back of my arms and legs since i can remember. They are like little pimples but not... I'm quite embarrased by them sometimes, because they can be noticable. I really want clear, smooth skin on my arms and legs. Does anyone know what this is, or how I can get rid of them without going to a dermatoligist. I've tried lotions and such... anyone??
Answer:
Its called keratosis pilaris. Its not harmful but its not curable. It can be made less noticeable by better exfoliation and more moisture (but not by being too harsh to your skin.) The best lotions to use are chemical exfoliants from your dermatologist or AmLactin, which is now available at your pharmacy without a prescription- but its alot more expensive than normal lotions-about $27 for a decent bottle. If you use it every day-it makes it less noticeable-but I found it very difficult to stick to putting it on every morning and night. I will probably try it for a month before my wedding to help my arms before I wear a sleeveless dress, but its too much bother for day to day. Alot of people have it, so you are not alone.
I thought everyone had them, I do, as do my mum, sisters %26 kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net