Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Long QT Syndrome?

I have Long QT Syndrome and need to know if I can take Prilosec OTC. Are there any other antacids I can take? I know I can take Pepcid AC, but it does nothing. My doctor used to prescribe Prevacid, which worked great, but UHC won鈥檛 cover it any longer. My acid reflux is so bad I will be going to the emergency room if I don鈥檛 get some relief soon.
Answer:
I found a great web site in regards to 'long qt' syndrome, I think I just typed it in web address. It had alot of info, along with meds to avoid.
You can call your doctors office and ask. Prilosec and Prevacid are the same class of drug (proton pump inhibitor) so it may be alright, but you should ALWAYS check with your doc first!
I don't think that it is advisable to jump to conclusions, you better see your doctor again and tell him your situation. He might place you on Prevacid, or he will refer you to a gastroenterologist. Meanwhile take yogurt, along with the other medication (cream free), it works wonders at times.
go to www.sads.org. you will see were it saids LINKS and go down until you see Drugs To Avoid ! That will be a List of medications not to take if you have LQT syndrome !! you can save the list or print it off most likely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net