Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lotion for dry skin?

I have very dry skin and i need some good mosituizing lotion. If you have any ideas please say so. thanks
Answer:
Your skin is probably dry becuase of the climate. The water too has a part to play, especially if you are getting hard water . Keep drinking lots of water. Apply body oil to your skin instead of moisturiser. Always apply oil/moisturiser when your skin is still damp after a shower, as this locks in the moisture. Use another richer moisturiser, suitable for dry skin. You could also apply day-old malai to your face, as this is very moisturising. Do this at least once a day. Wash your face with this malai or with day-old curd.
This is what i need also lets see what people offer us
get Aveeno products. they are not to pricey and they work great
St. Ives Whipped Silk. it makes your skin feel so so so good and it doesnt make it oily at all. just really soft
I get very dry skin easily so I use Keri lotion, been using it almost all my life, works wonders for me. Other lotions don't moisturize my skin the way I need it to, but Keri does the job.
i have sensitive dry skin...i use johnson's baby lotion...it works pretty well.but i also use johnson's body wash...regular soap makes my skin drier
You could always make your own out of regular lotion (I use Kiss My Face Lotion), olive oil, and Aloe Vera gel. That should relieve your dry skin.
Eucerin! My son has dry skin to the point of having eczema and his pediatrician recommended Eucerin. Also, make sure not to take showers/baths that are too hot.
The best lotions I've used are St. Ives (just about any, they are all virtually the same), Suave Oatmeal lotion, and Vaseline Advanced Healing. Try to stay away from cocoa butter or any lotion with a yellow or brown dye... it'll dye your skin that color and it looks really icky.
my skin crax in the summer
to heal i use 100% aloe
out of the shower %26 before i sleep--baby lotion
short term/right now!--"tahiti sweetie" from one of those body lotion mall stores (cuz it smells like candy)
sun block--olay spf15/moisturizer
i heard oil of olay "7X" rocks %26 it's $20 /bottle, not $100
One good tip is when you get out of the shower, DON'T dry off completely, apply a body oil and then a moisturizing lotion.
Yogurt-honey combination helps dry skin. Make an egg pack with a yolk, a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of milk powder. This is beneficial to dry skin types. There are many helpful tips to cure dry skin at
http://useinfo-dryskin.blogspot.com/...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net