Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Losing weight and feeling weak with interstitial cystitis?

I was diagnosed with IC about 3 months ago. my doctor has given me
elmiron and told me to stay on a strict IC diet. I am having trouble
because I have lost 12 pounds and continue losing. I dont know what
to eat anymore. i cannot find hardly any recipes (even IC specific
recipes) that stick to the diet. also my whole family has a milk
allergy so that makes it more difficult. I feel weak and tired all
the time. I'm told to avoid foods high in potassium, but what counts
as high in potassium? right now i'm really not getting any. what
about vitamin c, none of that either, ive heard ester c may be
tolerated ? also vitamin b, is it ok to have the individual b's and
not the complex?
I am so weak and tired all the time because of this diet. I hardly
eat anything. plus with taking the elmiron you have to wait 2 hours
after you eat to take it and then after you take it you have to wait 1
hour to eat, sot that pretty much leaves out snacking on anything,
also if you factor in that i am a stay at home mom with two very
active little ones (both under 3) there isnt much time to eat anyway.
I would appreciate any information you could give me. thank yo so
much for your time.
Answer:
ill do my best to pray for you,hopping you recover soon, any good result please let us know,Thank you.
I had IC for thirty years. I know that you will get a recommended diet, but when it comes right down to it, you can figure out what you can and what you can't eat.
I am not sure why they are telling you to avoid milk. Try lactaid milk. See how that works for you.I would say take their guidlines but definatly figure out what you can and can't eat. Everyone with this disease has different restrictions.Take good care of yourself. If you are weak from the diet then you arn't getting enough nutrition.I think their diet is a suggestion not an absulte must. If your doctor insists on you sticking to the diet, then you need to let him know how difficult things are for you.When it comes right down to it we are all responsible for our own care.
I am sorry u have IC. I was diagnosed with it too more than 5 years ago and living with it. I think u should keep a food diary and test out what trigger in u the symptoms. It may not be food at all. It may just be with u are stressed out. I was on Elmiron also and I did not care to be on medication all my life. So I cut out Soda and caffeine in all forms, also I decided to fight it mentally. Now I know only when I get upset and stressed is when I get sick. I was symptom free for a while, but I got it back since I got married and since I got pregnant. Just try out the diary and to stay stress free. Just be thankfull it is not a worse illness. Check this websites for real people's stories with IC and for support. www.ichelp.org and www.ic-network.com
i am not sure if you belong to this website yet or not but sign up its free it has an online discussion board and the people there are really nice. I was diagnosed 3 years ago and I do not take elmiron it made me really sick I just watched what I ate and most importantly kept my stress level down.
Good evening Rachael
I am not sure if you are in my group. Here is the site.
You can eat chicken,fish,red meat. just check if they have other added ingredients. I love salmon
pototoes,broccoli,califlower, sweet potatoes, most all vegies as long as they are not acidic.
pears is first choice for me.
pasta is good, saute in olive oil with onions and garlic if they don't bother you. yummy
bake totals, some cereals, toast,pancakes,waffles,eggs,I hope I helped some.
Linda
caliqueenbb@aol.com
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/int...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net