Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Looking for something to help me put eye drops in my eyes?

i am a big baby when it comes to eyedrops i always close my eyes. is there anything out there for big baby eye closers like me?
Answer:
YES! There are these cups you can get at the drugstore, I use one, it has a slot for the drop container to go in, and it fits over your eye, keeping it open, you squeeze, and Presto! The drop is perfectly in your eye, no mess! Cost me maybe $2
umm... hold your eyelids open with one hand and use the other to put the eyedrops in
i have contacts and am used to messing around with my eyes and dont have to hold them open anymore
I read about this in a magazine once. Lie down on your back (or just tilt your head back far enough), close your eyes and put eye drops right on the inner corners of your eyes (between your nose and your eye). Then you just blink the drops into your eyes. Hope that helps.
I agree. Nature designes us to react if anything goes near our eyes, yet modern rules says forget instinct %26 not blink!
Well, some of us stick with how we are designed, because... we have no choice!!!As a 'big baby' contact lens warer myself, I do know how you feel %26 what you are saying. I did not let anyone near my eyes %26 learned lens process with no intervention. I will not lt Optitions lift or flip my flesh for standard tests. I cant bare it.SO, as a big baby I have learned to cope an 'ology' to put in eye drops.
What I find works - looking.
What frightened me, uset me, scared me most was eye doctors surprising me.
When I knew presisly, exactly (basicaly - it was me acting), when I was in control of what was happening to my eye.. everything went ok.Psychology... unknown = fear.
Expected = expected.
Eyes - I expected to put drops in eye - drops in eye happened because i put them in, so I was happy i could do it. Sorted.
It was about seeing thr bottle %26 the drops %26 knowing what must happen. Knowing that other options involved pain %26 this option wa just a lark %26 pain free - perspective.
Put in perspective - seeing eye drops coming is a joy/blessing/luck/fortune.
If I let others do it - they will be mean %26 horrible %26 HURT ME!I choose how I feel.
Yes, I have an good solution. Lay flat on your back, on the floor, a bed/couch. Close your eyes. Drop the eyedrops onto the inner corners of your closed eyes. When you have added drops to both eyes, slowly open them. The drops just run right in. I do this for my kids, works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net