Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Liver symptoms: help?

I have a nasty reoccurring bile taste in my mouth---I have swollen area in my side. I have had gallbladder removed. Liver enzymes only slightly elevated so dr does not want to persue that direction. Has anyone had these symptoms before? Thanks.
Answer:
Unfortunately a foul taste and abdominal pain could be a large list of conditions/disease/syndromes, or what-have-you. The fact that you gall bladder was removed (knowing why would help) makes me lean towards a possible infection; but you didn't mention the typical immune response to infection, fever etc. I would advise to get another blood test, hepatic health can change surprisingly rapidly despite what people have told me.
It seems that something is not right. Is there any way you can see another doctor and get another opinion? I hope you can find out what is going on and I hope you feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net