Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Live in san jose,calif. NEED A PLACE 2 LIVE ,have SSI due to rare disease NEED HELP GETTING MY OWN HOME 2 LIVE

I have been living with a pogressive terminal disease for almost 7 years now . and i'm fairly young , but cant work due to ups and downs that come with this rare condition. it's called PAH ( PULMONARY ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION ) i am entitled to assistance but never seem to get anywhere when i serch and search for resourses . i know others have gotten the assisted living i'm looking for . CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ? i would so appreciate it . would love to live comfortable in my own place . by the way i am able to take care of myself . looking forward to hearing for anyone out there .
thank you so much
godd bless
shelley
: )
Answer:
yes i heard if you apply in san benito county for housing you get it very quickly
a friend of mine applied and got it in 4 months.housing is awesome you will only have to pay a small amount of rent depending on how much money you have from ssi
You talk to a social worker in your area. They will know what resources are available.
I can understand your dilemma. I can also empathize
to a certain degree, because I also get S.S. due to a
disorder that has prevented me from holding down a
job for any long-term period of time.
My situation is different, though, because I'm a home
owner, here in Los Osos, CA. (The central coast.)
But what I can tell you, Shelly, after doing a bit of what
is known as "googling" for you, right after reading the
question you'd posed, is this: the San Jose area is
too expensive right now for anyone on a fixed/limited
income--mainly because it's part of the semi-infamous
Silicon Valley; the real estate market there is just not
going to have anything in your price-range. (You will
not be able to find an apartment for less than around
$1,200 per month.)
Because of your disability--which I can't say that I'm
familiar with--it would seem to me that perhaps what
might help is a change of pace; or, more accurrately,
a change of place. Have you ever considered other
areas? Not every place is as expensive as San Jose.
Only you can decide where else you might be comfort-
able, but I'd suggest that you give the matter a lot of
careful thought.
The first step would be to do some online research
yourself. Go to google.com and type into their search
engine: apartments+low income+CA
You'll be shown a list of websites that might just be very
helpful.Good luck, and take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net