Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just went to get a STD check today ... the doctor only did a urinalysis on me.?

The doctor stated that the urinalysis covers most but not all stds, I would need a blood test for the rest. My question is, if i do a urinalysis to check for std. Will the results come as fast as 15 minutes? Doesn't the doctor have to do swab tests on my urine to accurately check for std? And doesn't a swab test take a few days? I got my results in 15 minutes with a clean bill of health as far as urinalysis can detect. Shouldn't a swab go down the hole of my penis to check for an std as well or did technology get so advanced that this method is not longer usedA
Answer:
go get your blood taken also. the urine does not check for hiv and some other std's. and yes, the urine tests can be completed in 15 minutes. but if your afraid of needles, you can get an oral test done for hiv. same effectiveness as the blood.
they look at the urine under a microscope to looks for the little nasties. no complicated tests
I had same done ago recently. I had blood drawn as well. I would not be satisfied by the testing. Hope you get what you need done and am glad to see you are looking into more info on this subject. Best of luck!
The most common STD is gonorrhea, and yes, in a male it's detectable in the urine, and the test can be completed in 15 minutes. Blood tests are needed to check for syphylis, but you would have a chancre sore if that were the problem. So trust your doctor and be glad you're okay. Use condoms in the future unless you're in a monogamous relationship. Good luck.
Go to the public health STD clinic. They will do swabs of every opening you have to culture for STDs and a blood test is needed for HIV, syphillis and possibly some other STDs. That doctor probably should be reported to the medical board in your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net