Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kidney transplant question?

My husband had a kidney transplant 10 years ago and he has been in good health ever since but we have just moved into a new house in the country and have started to get mice in the house it seems like as soon as I get all the the mouse crap cleaned up and trap the mouse we have more mice. Now my question is could all the grems they carry be harmful to his kidney I think that if he can't even be around birds he shouldn't be in a house with mice running around capping all over. Does anyone know the answer or were I could find the answer. I would call and ask the doctor but hehad the transplant at a univercity and doesn't have contact with them anymore.
Answer:
Is he still on immunosuppressant therapy drugs? If so, he shouldn't be around anything that could possibly harbor bacteria.I don't know much about mice, however, so the best person to answer your question is your family doctor or vet. I'd say better safe than sorry though.
I had a kidney transplant 6 years ago. Last year, my husband and I had a case of mice in our kitchen. We set traps and put poison (in places that our 2 dogs couldn't get to), and I had my husband dispose of the dead mice. The best thing to do when you find mice poo is to clean (my favorite is to use bleach). If you live in the country, one good suggestion is having a mousing cat (if you don't want the indoors, make a warm place outside for it to go to in cold times). Also, you don't have to call the nephrologist that dealt with his case at the university. You can call your family doctor for good suggestions about what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net