Saturday, October 31, 2009

Leukemia children's hospital...dream come true?

anyone else ever stay at children's hospital in philadelphia? i was there in 1992-93 with leukemia...i was about 3...anyone else remember their days of almost dying if and when they were very young?
Answer:
Hello! First let me say to you that I am very happy to meet another leukemia survivor!!if you were there 13-14 years ago, that means you did good! Praise to God for that!! And, well, I am not a leukemia survivor like you but my son is. But he had his chemo at the Childrens Hospital in Pittsburgh, which is a wonderful place. So far he has been 8 months off chemotherapy and doing wonderfully. But answering to your question, I have noticed that my son tends to forget the hard times we lived when he was so sick. He was only 3, almost 4 when he was first diagnosed, right now he is almost 7 and even though he still remembers the painful procedures, all those sad memories are sliding in his mind into the past. I am the one who will never forget, but as for him, I just remind him of the important stuff, but I am glad to see him only focusing on the bright future that he has ahead. You should do the same honey, you fought a great battle back then, and yes, you were about to die, but God had a plan for you and that is why you are here. I don't know if you remember or not about the hard times; my advice to you is, keep in your heart the wisdom you got from it, because I know that after that experience you have become a better person, and God wanted you to have THAT EXPERIENCE as a part of you. Treasure all that wisdom and make it a part of your every day living, be thankful for the health that you have and pray for all of those who are not as lucky as you were; but leave behind the sadness and the pain. Just remember that God was there and will always be there for you. Maybe this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but I just had to say that I am so happy that you made it so well after all these years. You are a fighter, you are a survivor, be very proud of yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net