Sunday, October 25, 2009

Knots just below my ankle and a swollen ankle what could it be?

I am a 24 year old female. I found knots in my ankle last year and finally went to the doctor in January 07 sent me to an orthopedic surgeon and he gave me a steroid shot. Then two weeks later he gave me a brace to wear for 3 weeks and then wean myself off of it. And if I felt better not to bother coming back. Well I didn't go back. A month and a half later I woke up with a swollen ankle about the size of an apple. I have had no injury that I know of. The doctor at urgent care did a rheumatoid arthritis test and sedimentary test and an ana test. Everything came back negative but the inflammation test was 36 and should have been between 0-10. I wake up with no swelling and it swells throughout the day. Does anyone have any ideas?
Answer:
Not all forms of Arthritis will reveal auto-antibodies like ana test. ESR is the inflammatory test and that is 36, so something is going on. Return to the Doc and see what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net