Saturday, October 31, 2009

Life expectancy with these behaviors...?

Hello. My Mom had Hepatitis C. Im not sure how she got it, Im assuming drug use.
She still gets drunk every other day, she still occasionally uses heroine, and she is addicted to meth. She also smokes.
She's not being seen by a doctor, nor does she take medication.I was wondering how long someone can live if they have Hep. C, and still continue those "activities".Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Answer:
She's not going to last very long with all of this. Sorry to say. She needs to stop asap. But, Hepatitis C can kill you all on it's own, I think. I am again sorry that you are dealing with so much.
Its hard to say. Some people on drugs can last quite awhile without food, however; since she has hepatitis C that is a different story. I don't have any experience with this but my advice is to get her to a hospital. I know you don't want your mom to be in this situation. She really needs to be seen by a Dr. or some kind of health professional. If she protests you could always wait till she comes home after a binge and just call the paramedics.
You are powerless over her... Look up Alanon or Naranon meetings in your area. She might die soon because the lifestyle is violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net