Sunday, October 25, 2009

KOX +ve/-ve?

Can someone explain what this biochemical test is and what it is used for as well as the postive and negative results please. Thanks for your help.
Answer:
Hi - I've never heard of a KOX test. Did you have this test done? There's a KOH test...could that be it? I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful! If you have any questions about any other lab tests, I think this site - http://www.labtestsonline.org/ - is great!
------------------------------...
Well, i have 2 ideas here, and they may both be completely wrong. Could KOX = oxidase reaction test? This can help further idenitfy gram-negative non-motile organisms. Klebsiella and Shigella will result in a negative oxidase reaction. Neisseria spp would have a positive oxidase reaction, but I would imagine that looking in a microscope to see cocci vs rods would be easier in identifying those. Pseudomonas would also have a positive oxidase reaction.
The other possibility is OX-K, which is a Proteus antigen that can also be used to distinguish between Rickettsial spp. Random, but true!
I couldn't find KOX speficially, but I'm thinking you have more information than I do. :) Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net