Sunday, October 25, 2009

Knee and hip pain?

48 yr. old gal. Works out - knee hurts getting up, walking up/down stairs, rising from chair. Feels like it's going to collapse. Hurts outside lateral, radiates up leg to sciatica, when I've been on it all day. Help!
Answer:
Sound to me as if you have been overdoing the exercise. You are now entering the DDD or degenerative disc disease time of your life where the disc in your spine are dehydrating. The fact you have sciatica makes me suspect you might have a disc problem. I suggest you see a Doc asap.
I have bulging discs and the symptoms, well I went to my Doc with pain somewhere between my waist and knees. The hips and knee x-rays were normal, started Lyrica for neuropathy and then had the MRI found the Disc problems. Good Luck
So is it bone pain, nerve pain or musce pain? I recommend going to your doctor or orthopedist for a series of x-rays to make sure nothing more serious is going on.
They told us in med school that hip disease can cause knee pain, and vice-versa. You need a good orthopedic evaluation. Any benefit you get from this space is more luck than science.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net