Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kidney Failure. Is this something people recover from?

He is an older man, about 76. He has pneumonia and I haven't heard if this is something that is temperary or permanent. Can you tell me?
Answer:
It really depends on what the cause of the renal/kidney failure. Acute renal failure due to rhabdomyolosis have a greater chance of recovering. These patients can recover after a few dialysis. Acute onset of renal failure if treated immediately have a chance of recovering. As we know, the older we get our organs get knackered or pack up. That applies to all organs including the kidneys. There are measures on how to halt or prolong the onset of end-stage renal failure (those who are dialysis dependent). those with hypertension and diabetes, should have a well-controlled blood pressure and blood sugar respectively. Adhering to fluid restriction is one thing. so, if you know what is the cause of the renal failure then you can message me and let me know. I may be able to tell if your gradfather's kidney failure is temporary or not.
well they can use dialysis
only if he gets a new kidney. and at that age hes not going to be high on the recipient list. but he can go on dialysis and be fine
yes it can be.
Most of the time they do survive.
If he has pnemonia along with it im not sure
im praying for you and him!!
That is pretty much the end. Sorry :(
I have never heard of kidney failure being temporary. At times, they seem to work better, but I have never heard of someone with it regain 100%--or even 50% of normal function.
I dont think so. Why would you ask? I hope the your folk well the dude gets better. Miracles always happen. It aint the worst thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net