Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lingering effects of gout?

I recently had my first attack of gout on the big toe. It was probably the most excruciating pain ever for a whole weak. The foot eventually swelled up and anything that touched it felt like my toe was being torn apart. Well, its been 3 weeks now since the gout started to hit and the swelling is all but gone and most of the pain has disappeared. Unfortunately, it still feels weird. From time to time, there is a very minor slight throb around that area. And as of today, i still can't walk 100% normal. I can put weight on it but i can't walk in a normal fashion. There would be a slight tinge of pain everytime when the toe is completely bent when pushing off the foot to walk. Is this normal? Does it take this long to heal? Did the gout damage my joints or muscle tissue or something? Alot of references say that the gout disappears and everything feels back to normal. Any help would be appreciated.
Answer:
Pending your age, Gout will affect you for the length of time stated.
I have had it last much longer, even months.
NSAIDs work for a short period of time, but for longer term maintenance look at the following:Apple Cider Vinegar : 1 x tablespoon mixed with a table spoon of filtered water, make sure it is organic with "Mother" still in it , add honey to taste and take about an hour after a meal 3 times a day..this will regulate your pH levels and reduce them...clean your teeth also after using this as it stains..then after an attack reduce this to once a day.Drink Plenty of water ( filtered) 2 litres a day. This in its self can cease Gouty activity.Cherries ( eat 6 a day )Occasionally use Baking Soda ( small amounts only and not long term due to its salt content, 1 x teaspoon with a large glass of water only in the beginning of an attack ) Celery extract and celery oil blends. ( every day )
I use 3mg celery extract with 2 mls celery oil..always seek a medical opinion before starting any low purine diet or taking any herb or medicine.
check your medicines for side effects as there are many for any gout pills supplied by a doctor or health practitioner
You do not tell us what medications you are still on. An anti-inflammatory drug should be continued for a long period with anti-uric acid med.
I'm not answering your question but my husband is a pharmacist and people tell him that they eat 'cherries' and it helps. I'd try that. Don't know why it might work but it wouldn't hurt. I've heard canned mostly, but I'd try them all.
I have suffered from gout for the last 50 years. Most of the attacks I suffer now are brought on by my own doing ... one just cannot go thru life without an occasional beer, shellfish, red meat, and sweets. With all the medication I have taken, nothing has given me the relief of the 'baking soda cure'. You can easily find it on the net with the search words 'gout %26 baking soda'. For me, relief from the intense pain is literally minutes away after taking adose of soda. Hope this wroks as well for you.
You should start ASAP an anti uric acid medicine and take at least 2 l. water a day. If you do not treat your gout (and I do not mean the pain, I mean the uric acid) ,by a strict diet and anti uric medication you will get to the point that the cristals will start forming little spheres , bulging out of your toes' or metatarsic articulations. Your next bloodwork should include LDL, HDL and cholesterol count (the latter is probably through the roof) and an appropriate diet: no red meat, no seafood (fish is ok) no wine (least of all red), no beans etc.Only cooking with olive oil.It all depends on you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net