Sunday, October 25, 2009

Laryngitis question?

I was diagnosed yesterday with Laryngitis and Bronchitis..and I was wondering if you knew when my voice was going to come back or if theres anything I can do to make it stop hurting..it's in so much pain..and I got medcation for it..but it's just in so much pain and I need to know of any home remedies I can use to make this intense pain go away..
Answer:
The less you talk the easier it is for the laryngitis to be fought by your body. Drink warm lemon honey tea. Drinking cold water or sucking on ice can help too.
Tylenol, Aspirin.Cepocol (lozenges)...quit talking...try not to cough too hard ( yeah I know...) and drink warm/hot drinks...
Warm salt water rinse works the best.especially when ya do it right before you go to bed at night you will at least get to sleep for awhile unless you wake up in the middle of the night for something then just do it again.Just put like 2-3 tablespoons in like 6 ounces of water...small glass. then go in and gargle for as long as you can til the water is gone. It is soothing to the throat for some reason. That's what my Dr always says too. but just before bed is so you don't drink water after.I know it may be salty but trust me it works really good. and it is free and cheap to do. I hope you feel better soon. During the day lots of Popsicles is what i did and ice and lotsa water.COLD COLD Water! But as warm as you can take in the gargle stuff. Then ya spit it out by the way ya don't need to swallow but it wont hurt you either.Don't make it to hot that you burn yourself just real warm. AHHHHHH! then sleep. And each time you drink something and your throat hurts just do it again. You should do it at least three four times a day. Bu it always made sure I at least do it at bedtime. Then I go to sleep before it wears off. I hope it helps you. Get Well Quick! God Bless!
I had laryngitis last week. A spoonful of honey from time to time helped me, as well as constantly sucking sweets. Also I took Strepsils. You must be patient and try not to talk. My voice returned after 4 days. Good luck and hope you get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net