Saturday, October 31, 2009

Light red spots on the back of my upper arm?

I have these light spots on the back of my upper arm, they do not itch, they don't annoy me and most of the time I forget that their there. I've had them for a long time and I was wondering if anyone knew what they were.
Answer:
It's a skin condition called keratosis pilaris. Basically it is harmless, although exfoliation can help the appearance of your arms if you are concerned.
I have those too, does anyone kow how to get rid of them?
Go buy those gloves you can use as an exoliant (or a mit lufa) found in any drug store. Use pure and natural soaps and oils (nothing with mineral oils this harms skin actually not helps it)
You could also make your own sea salt scrub (I use one by Arbonne) by using olive oil, kosher salt and some brown sugar and rub on these every day.
In time they should fade and upkeep the exoliating every few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net